Well, I got my snoring procedure done, but changed it at the last minute. Instead of getting a somnoplasty (radio frequency) I got a snoreplasty. They injected pure ethanol (basically Everclear) under the tissue right above my uvula (the hangy down thingy in your throat). Ethanol is toxic under your skin, so now it has made an ulcer there and will scar when it heals, thereby stiffening my soft palate and causing me to snore less. The doc said this would require fewer treatments (1 maybe two) than the somnoplasty (3 to 6). He also said the snoreplasty would target my worst area and would be more efficient. Since it's $300 a pop for each procedure for either somno or snore, and since insurance views this procedure as cosmetic and won't cover it, I decided to go ahead with the snoreplasty. The only difference is that the snoreplasty is supposed to be more painful, but it only hurt the first day. The procedure wasn't that fun, but the benefits....WOW!! Because of this procedure, Karen came down and surprised me! That was fantastic! I'm so lonely without her! I'd have that procedure done every day if it would let me see her every time. I won't know how well the procedure worked until a month has gone by....so I'm crossing my fingers.
Later
Thursday, October 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad everything is working out ok with the procedures you are having. you sure know the language of them, you sounded like a doctor explaining it all. hehe
Post a Comment