Sunday, July 08, 2007

Gold fever!

Last weekend we went gold panning with my dad in the mountains. GPAA (Gold Prospectors Association of America ), of which my dad is a member (i think I am too), owns a section of the river up there and opens it up to it's member's for gold hunting.
It was fun because Zach and I followed Cindy and Kendall up (dad was already there). Dad had a nice little camping spot up there right next to the river. I went wading in the river for fun (almost fell over a couple hundred times) and we all took turns panning for gold and helping dad with the sluice box. I am glad we could all go up there, it was kinda a last minute decision for Zachy and me. The mountains were beautiful! Here are some pictures I got:

Zach helping Dad with the Sluice










































1 comment:

Cindy Loo said...

I had fun too! I am glad you went, glad of that, yes i am glad glad glad...no really though i had fun just had to make fun of our own little pollyanna;)