Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Always Praying?

Ok, so this is actually something that happened yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to blog. A customer at work forgot her change (a roll of quarters) so I called her and left a message:
"Hi Joan, this is Karen from American National Bank. This morning you cashed a check and forgot to take your quarters, so they are here if you would like to pick them up whenever you get the chance. Thanks, In Jesu....uh...we'll see you later then, bye." Then I slapped myself as I muffled a laugh.

Ok, the 'In Jesu...' part was me starting to end the phone call with, "In Jesus name, Amen!" Luckily I caught myself before saying it! I don't know what was on my mind, but I was ending the phone call as if I were ending a prayer! What a crazy girl I am! It just came out so...normal-like...heheh

3 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

your silly! :D

janis said...

I think that is cool. I mean you are so close to Jesus, that you started to end the conversation like a prayer. its kinda funny to wonder what that person listening to the answer machine thought.

Jen said...

I think that's cute. I caught my Zack telling his female friend, Kelly "I love you" when we were on our way downtown to see the tornado destruction. Thank goodness he caught himself and started laughing & apologizing to both of us mid sentence! I think he was just all stressed out about what happened & he's so used to talking to me on that cell phone. Silly boy!