First off...2 years ago today Zach proposed to me, and I sqeaked out an excited yes. He bought me flowers and we're going to the movies tonight.Ok, so here's what's been going on...
Gall Bladder:
I have gall stones. I had experienced a couple reallly bad double-you-up-in-pain sort of pains in my upper right abdomenom, as well as lots of nasuasea and heartburn. I finally went to the doctor, and after talking to me and feeling my tummy and such, he ordered an Ultrasound. I felt silly laying there with the ultrasound thingy and the goo and everything, but it was worthwhile as the lady pointed out what looked to me as a thumb-shaped marshmallow and said, "that's a stone..." After several proffesional opinions and concerns, and lotsa research, I feel that it is my best interest to have the gall bladder out. I will be seeing another doctor, a surgeon actually, on friday and he will probably be the one to rid me of this offending organ.
AWANA:
On a lighter note, last wednesday was the last week of AWANA, it was the awards ceremony. As I sat there watching the kids get the Awards and Sing the AWANA song, I teared up as I remembered my time in AWANA. As I looked on their faces, I spotted the Jacob Adamo of the group, the Aaron Stevenson, the Tasha and Tavia, I saw Alex Bellinger, and Adele...I just saw all their faces up there again. Then I spotted me, and Cindy with her little Sparky vest, and Mandy Obertal with her permed fluffy hair...they weren't all there for real, but I saw them in the back of my memories. I am so glad I got the chance to participate in this program, even for a little bit. It was really fun being the Commander's daughter, and having Amber teach my class. It was great having mom there involved too, I think she taught the Sparkies...I think that Cindy and I were very fortunate to have had this opportunity.
Counterfeit!!!!Fake!!!!
As I was performing a routine depost today at work, I got to find my first counterfeit. I had actually seen one before, as a co-worker had found one in her money and the bank had to take the offage, but this one I found as I was counting it. Luckily the depositer was still at the drive through window. I told him that there was a fake $20 bill in the deposit and he said, a little too calmly, "oh, was it fake?" as if he'd KNOWN it was there! It was a deposit for a bar, so I don't really think that he was the maker of the counterfeit bill, but it seemed like he knew it was and was trying to simply pass it on and still take credit for it! HAHA lucky for him I was paying attention! I may be BLONDE, but I'm not BLIND!
Honestly though, this fake was almost a fake fake as it was very poorly disguised. I don't know how anyone could take this bill and NOT notice that it was fake. It felt really smooth, as a laminated bill would feel, and you could even see the white edges of the paper.
Anyways, I told Chad, the supervisor, right away, and we had to call a policeman to come and take the "evidence." I was a little worried when the policeman needed all of my information as "witness" to the crime, Chad even commented, with a teasing smile, "you're gonna have to go to JAIL!" I knew better though...it was kinda cool though, he said my name on the police scanner thing! Hope noone I know heard it on there hehe.
7 comments:
Too bad about the gall bladder thing. Getting surgery on your abdomen areas sucks. You don't realize just how much you use those muscles for EVERYthing.
Cool about the counterfeit. I never saw any when I was a teller that I can remember anyways.
that is too bad about the gallbladder. happier note i loved awana and mom and dad being there too!
I have a couple of cleanses for you to try. the one I did is easy, since its just drinking alot of apple juice for a few days and then the actual cleanse is with olive oil and lemon juice. I will email it to you. wont hurt to try it and if you can keep a part of your body it is worth it. the gallbladder Is important, it metabolizes fat. you can gain weight with it gone. of course if you talk with surgeons, they will tell you the gallbladder is not important. i wonder why they might say that?
btw Those flowers are "gorgeous!"
Hi Karen! Did you have a nice walk?
It was really neat to see what you wrote about Awana. I'm married to Jacob Adamo and it was neat to see something like that written. Feel free to check out our blog... it isn't totally updated... I have some work to do, but enjoy. And yes, Jacob, Alex and Aaron all still keep in touch! :-)
Jacob's wife sent us the link to your blog and I loved hearing your remembering of the friends from way back. I am married to Alex (three years now)and have heard stories of you and the rest of the church crew. Blessings!
Kristen (on behalf of Alex) Bellinger
P.S. We have a blog too if you are interested: alexandkristen.blogspot.com
Post a Comment