Well, Thursday was the day. We got to the hospital about 9:30 in the morning and it seemed like they got me in to the prep room right away. I said good bye to my Mommy, Daddy, and Aunt-in-law, Zachy's loving eyes...and to my extremely reluctant , worried Mommy. Then they wheeled me off on a bed. I remember going through the doors into a large room where nurses and such walked all over, one nurse was kinda...rocking out to the music hehe. One of the nurses came over and asked how I was, and I don't remember much, but she said she was giving me a shot to numb my arm so she could put the IV in. I am glad she did, as I noticed she had a little trouble getting it in...in and out sort of thing. Then, I remember lying there thinking about everything and everyone who cares for me all waiting for my reappearance. Next thing I knew, I was in the recovery room. The surgery itself only about 20 minutes and it was done. Dr Holloway later told me that it was a good thing we got it out, as there were lotsa little stones in the gall bladder. I am glad that Zach stayed as late as he did, although I don't remember much of it since, like mom said, I was out of it with my nasea medicine. I do remember momma being there and the nurses in and out.
I am recovering for the moment at the Davis's house and am going to get up and walk around in a little bit. I have a total of 10 staples in my tummy in 4 different places.
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
On the drive over to the hospital, I was seriously thinking of kidnapping you so you would not have to have the surgery. Yes, reluctant is putting it mildly! glad its all over now, and you are on your way to recovering! Love you!
Well all in all im glad everything went great, and just think u will start eating healthier because without a gallbladder greasy foods can still may make u sick from what a friend tells me about her having hers out! love you sistah!!
yeah mom, i thought they'd have to perform surgery just to pry me from your arms! I love you!
Post a Comment