Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Culprit...

Today I went in for an ultrasound...no not to see if there were any babies in me, but instead to see what has been causing me pains.

For the past few weeks my tummy is off and on hurting, with some nausea. About two weeks ago, at work, I had a horrific pain in my upper right abdomenom that lasted about 3 minutes. Then, the following Friday, Mom, Cindy, and, of course, Zach, were at my house when I had another sharp pain...this one worse than the other...I was crunched over in pain and we decided to go to the ER. On the way there, however, the pain faded away, then left completely...lasting about 3 minutes just like the other had. I told Zach to go ahead and turn the car around and I would go see a doctor. I did and after feeling around on my tummy and asking about the pain, he ordered an Ultra Sound be done in order to check things out, thus the reason for my trip today.

Well, we did find the culprit...I have a gall stone, rather large from the way it looked to me, although I am no expert on reading ultrasounds. So I will be calling my doc tomorrow to see what can be done about this. I am too young for stones!

4 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

oh man!! i was hoping they would find ababy not a stone! ill pray for you best buddy!

janis said...

I am sorry you have a gallstone. but on the bright side, this is something we can get rid of. and then you will be feeling better again. but you will need to watch your diet and not eat fatty "fried" foods like french fries, potatoe wedges etc. too much butter is bad, mayonaise bad. we need to get you exercising too. I know nag nag. but thats what moms do best! besides praying, I do alot of that too! :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, you just cannot escape the nagging, can you? ;-) First MSN Messenger, then your blog, and I am sure you got a phone call too. But I guess that is what moms are for. If it makes you feel any better, I got a little lecture about french fries today too. hehe.

Jen said...

I hope everything turns out okay for you. Sounds scary. Tell Zach congrats on being accepted into pharmacy school!