Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blessed


As a reflection of Amber's post about my brain surgery, I again realize just how blessed I am. To people I meet day by day, I am just a normal, healthy looking 24 year old, they would never even suspect I had a battle with cancer. What a blessing that is! While cancer leaves so many people devastatingly scarred, my only outer scar is hidden underneath my blond hair.
Whenever I get depressed about my "inner scars," such as medications and such that I will have to take for the rest of my life, I need to remind myself that I truly am blessed. I am alive, healthy, married to a wonderful man, and it has now been more than 7 years since my last tumor was defeated by radiation! My last MRI scan was October of 2005, and everything looked normal.

2 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

:) im glad of that!

Anonymous said...

Yes we are ALL blessed by the great outcome you had! Cause you are a wonderful daughter, sister, wife, and friend!!