Monday, June 19, 2006

Anniversary

Ok ok, I will update. This would be a lot easier if I would just KEEP UP with this blog!

The weekend after our one year annivesary, Zach and I drove to Colorado with Ryan and Jo to celebrate our anniversarys (they were married the week after us!). First we went to Flat Iron mall to hang out, and Zach and I built our traditional bear at Build a Bear workshop (we have 3 now) Then we checked into our hotel, or at least attempted to...
Months ago, Ryan and Joanna had reserved their room online with a credit card. At the same time, I booked our room by phone, and since we had very little money, I said we'd pay when we got there. I booked for the SAME nights, the SAME type of room. When we told them about our reservations, however, they couldn't find our names. I told them I booked them the same day as the Swansons had, and then they found our reservations, for the same days, only in JULY. They had another room on the same floor, however, and we were able to stay, although our room wasn't as nice as Ryan and Jo's (our phone picked up a radio station, so it was hard to hear, our free cable didn't work and we didn't have a hair dryer! Oh, and there was white goo all over our full length mirror!) The hotel people fixed the cable and the white goo, however, so it wasn't that bad.
That night, we went to Heritage Square in Golden, CO. It is a cute little amusement park with some shops and, of course, the Heritage Square Music Hall. We had all been to their shows before, so we kind of knew what to expect, great music and comedy and laughter till our stomachs hurt (mine in particular, since I had just had my gall bladder out). The actors and actresses at this theatre are always the same 5 or 6 amazingly talented people (they sing, play instruments, act etc.) but this time there was a new girl! She was just as great as the rest and fit right in on the jokes and playing that went on. I can't describe the whole experience, as it would be enough to fill 10 blogs, so I will just finish by recommending that EVERYONE pay a visit to this dinner theatre!
Saturday we went to the Denver Zoo. We went in the morning so that it wouldn't be too hot and the animals would be awake and somewhat lively. I never tire of seeing all of the animals! After the zoo we went to Fat City, which is pretty cool. They have lazer tag, mini golf, bumper cars, and video games, all inside (which was nice cuz it was starting to get hot!). The best thing though, and we were all too big and old to play in it, was this HUGE "foam factory" where kids could go in and shoot little foam balls all over the place. It was two stories, with ladders and there were tubes that would suck balls that kids through in them up to this big basket thing that would overflow and then dump right back on them! I would have LOVED that as a kid! WE all would have! I think the kids' time was unlimited, and parents got to go in with there kids if they wanted, all for a pretty cheap price considering the coolness of it. I will definetly want to take my kids there (they will have fun, plus they might need their mommy inside for security ;) ).
Saturday night we just kinda lounged around the pool, well Ryan and Jo swam, but I couldn't because my surgery sites were still too vulnerable to bacteria that is in the pool. It was a nice evening.
Sunday, the Swansons and the Davis's parted ways. Zach and I went to Cheyenne and met Zach's parents there. We had dinner and went shopping, then we went on to Wheatland to spend time with my parents and Cindy who was there. We had fun just hanging out and spending time with them. We stayed the night and went back home to Laramie monday evening, after having lunch at A&W.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, Fat City, huh? Greg and I went there a few years back to go bowling and really enjoyed it as well.

Anonymous said...

I am glad we got to spend time with you before you had to go home. sounds like a great anniversary time! I hope to go to that dinner theatre and fat city also someday.

Cindy Loo said...

aww i missed A&W. hehe :D