Thursday, September 01, 2005

Who is Sheridyn?

A couple months ago, someone named "sheridyn" added me to their msn. I wasn't sure if I knew the person or not, so I okay'd it until I could find out who it was. Well, I got online a couple days ago, and "Sheridyn" was on too...and said hi to me. I said hello back, feeling kinda bad cuz I didn't know who they were and thought I should somehow...Then Sheridyn said, "Do you know who this is? You probably don't remember me" I said...kinda sheepishly..."remind me?" And Sheridyn said that she'd gone to kindergarton with me, and that I probably knew her as Sheri...I just about leapt out of my skin!!!
My family and close friends all probably remember me talking about "Shy Sheri" at some point or another and how I wondered where she was and how she was doing, and bout how she was my best friend in Kindergarton. She moved away right after kindergarton, but I never forgot about her. SHE FOUND ME! I was so excited! I remember when Sheri and I used to giggle and be silly during nap time...we always put our naptime towels next to each other. I don't remember much else we did together, but I definetely remember Sheri! We were, to Mrs. Benton, "Quiet Karen and Shy Sheri." I am so happy she found me! I probably saw her on classmates.com, but didn't recognize that it was her cuz it probably said "Sheridyn," and I never knew that was her full name (she told me she didn't even know that until she was in 3rd grade!
Sheri said that as she was going into 1st and 2nd grades, she still told everyone I was her best friend! And all this time I thought she'd surely forgotton I even exsisted!!! She lives in Gillette Wyoming now, so we are planning to get together someday...I am excited to see if I could recognize her now!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I remember Quiet Karen and Shy Sheri. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think that is so great about shy sherri, I really hope you guys can get together :) I was excited when i found patty and we still write once in awhile but not as much as in the beginning but i think its different with us cause it has been a life time since we saw each other (30 years approx.) but with sherri, it hasnt been that long really (compared to me and patty) and of course too, you can actually get together with sherri! patty is across the ocean so unless ken and I travel there(which would be really nice actually as i think about it HAWAII!) maybe someday we can do that for a second honeymoon.....