Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed

Yep, that's right, AWANA. I started helping out (tonight was the first night) It was good, but they've changed a lot of stuff now...where we used to get little army like charms that displayed on our soldier-like shirts, now they get little stickers...they have new books, and there are no group names anymore! No more Guards, Pioneers, Chums, Pals...now there are just AGE groups. I think they've really cheapened this program somewhere, I don't know who heads the whole organization, but I think it's really sad. It is still a great program though, and I will just have to swallow my disappointment in all the changes that have been made.

Oh, not to change the subject, but Zach and I have joined a "young marrieds" group at our church. WE had our first meeting last Sunday. It looks like it'll be very fun, and very usefull! We decided to go through the book by Gary Chapman, the 5 love languages or whatever. I heard it's a really good book, so that'll be good, and helpful to all of our marriages I'm sure! There are about 6 couples I think...ranging from being married 3 months (Zach and me, and Ryan and JO) and 3ish years. We will meet every sunday (at least that's the plan as of right now) and once or so a month for socials! I am excited and happy they started this group!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is really great you are helping with awana :) and i think that young married group will be a really good thing for all you young couples. and now for a song (if i can remember the words) surely awana stands lead by the Lords commands, approved workmen are not ashamed, hail awana on the march for youth, (gosh karen help me here...i cant remember it, arrrgg,i could go and get the book but that would be cheating!) can you finish the song for me??

Anonymous said...

"Firmly AWANA stands led by the Lord's commands! Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed, boys and girls for His service claimed. Hail AWANA, on the march for youth! Hail AWANA holding forth the Truth, building lives on the word of God AWANA stands! Our Saviour following, with steps unfaltering and Love unatlering, His praise we sing! His banner over us, with love glorious(?), we'll fight victorious, for Christ our King...YOUTH ON THE MARCH!!!

Anonymous said...

Dad says its "service" glorious!