Friday, August 26, 2005

Indiana

This blog is a little late, but I wanted to say how glad I was to be able to travel to Indiana with my family this year! I think it's been about 5 years since I've been able to. It was great seeing family, from both sides...and seeing aunts, uncles and cousins that I hadn't seen in years...as well as meeting cousins I didn't even know I had (at the Whitcomb reunion)!

I have a lot of fond memories of visiting Grandma and Grandpa Yergler on vacation...I remember that Cindy and I would raid her toy closet on the first day, and I was pleased to see that Grandma still has those same toys we used to play with! I also enjoyed showing off my new husband to everyone...:) I also remember sneaking off into a quiet room with amber to play PENTE or other games. I remember Brian taking Cindy and me for a ride in the little tractor trailer...with the old red tractor.

It was also good getting to see my Grandma Franks. It's sad that she doesn't know us, but she looked good and did say "yes" and "goodnight" to us. I have great memories of visiting my Grandma and Grandpa Franks as well. I remember hiding little notes around the little house in Arkansas and that they always had candy bars in a bowl on the table:) I also remember that we used to stick stickers all over them when they came to our house in wheatland!

I'm so glad I got to go to indiana and see my family! There were many family members I hadn't seen in a long time, and it was an awesome trip altogether.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, it was a great vacation! as i think back on it, the long drive in the van made me alittle grouchy at times (sorry) but overall it was great! and I am so glad we were all able to go together. and dont forget lake michigan, i really enjoyed our swim there too. i am "glad" you have so many fond memories. i didnt realize you had looked at the toys in grandmas toy closet LOL (still a kid at heart) i bet you played with them too :) :) I wonder if someday my grandkids will stick stickers all over dad and I ? ! hehe