Monday, August 01, 2005
Woodpile, BINGO!
As I was thinking about this trip we are taking to Indiana, I remembered some of the old trips we used to take. I remember picking our spots in the van (Amber and Brian always got the best ones) and putting all of our essentials there...toys, candy, money etc. I also remember that big yellow sheet that mom sewed big pockets in and hung over the seat for us to put games and such in...games such as CAR BINGO! I just love remembering my childhood. We really had it good. I am so thankful that I can look back on memories like this with a smile, many adults my age nowadays don't have that opportunity, and it's sad that many children of this generation will not have that opportunity either. Thankyou Mom and Dad for giving me the chance!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow karen, after getting halfway through that a commcercial came on for some drug there selling...it had that building music of redemtion kinda of thing playing and jusdt continued to grow stronger as i read more and more of your blog...made it a lot more touching hehe. but yes thanks mama n papa. we should find those bingo games for us.
awwww thank you Karen!! :) I am so glad you have good memories :) I had forgotten about that sheet until you mentioned it, those days make me smile too, it all went by too fast didn't it?
That cartoon that dad hung up about mom packing for vacation - so appropriate! hehe. Yeah, I loved playing car bingo and also the alphabet game!
yeah and that cartoon is a reality right now as i contemplate the start of packing hehe but it isn't nearly the stress it was when i had to pack for 4 little ones with all the diapers and "other things" (karen)LOL etc etc hehe
Don't forget the chapstick!
karen that comment before mine here is SPAM you need to ask amber how to get rid of spammers, she had them too.
Post a Comment