Wednesday, July 20, 2005

luckily she's only a SUMMER INTERN!!!

Ok...so I haven't blogged lately hehe.

Since my car has been really poopy lately, Zach and I have been sharing one car...it's frustrating as sometimes I have to beg rides after work...although usually just to wal*mart, which is right next door, where I steal the car from Zach. One good thing about this situation is that I have finally learned how to drive a stick shift! I HATED learning, but Zachary forced me too (as did our situation) and so now I can...somewhat. :*) I still kill the car every once in awhile...and get honked at sometimes...but for the most part, I can drive it pretty well.

One thing I don't like is HILLS...especially when I have to stop on one and someone is behind me! I hate rolling backwards! I always freak out. Today kinda the opposite happened to me...I was parking, and I pulled up a little too far. Well, there was a significant downhill grassy area on the edge of the lot, and I got the nose kinda into that. Thinking it would be good to back up, I turned the car into Reverse, but it would go backwards!!! Instead it rolled FORWARD into the grass about 2 feet! I kept trying to back up, but it kept going forward, so I just pulled the brake and decided I'd deal with it when I was done with my business. When I was ready to leave, I'd decided I would just turn the wheel and turn a sharp left (there was a pole directly ahead of me) and drive through the grass and back into the parking lot. This plan worked, and I was able to leave the parking lot of the DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES!!! Hehe...I can only imagine what the 16 year old taking his driving test must've thought, seeing me do that ;)

I have to take a few minutes to vent. I love my job, and I love the people I work with...with the exception of one. I usually have no problem getting along with people. I get along with people in all areas of life, but this girl is...AHH! She won a beauty contest along the lines and really acts like she's something special...something better than the rest of us. Truth is she is an annoying snob who tries to pawn off her work to us! She's also very blond...and not in a cutesy sort of way, in a really DUMB sort of way. Her major in college is finance...she didn't even know what a Sacagawea coin was!!! Whenever we explain simple things to her, she always says, " Idon't understand" but in a snobby voice that makes it sound like it's our fault she doesn't understand. I came up with the idea that the bank should do a coloring contest (which the boss loved, and the contest is underway right now, btw :) ) While i was explaining what we should do for the actually picture for the kids to color, Abby said her, "I don't understand" thing. I said "Weren't you ever in a coloring contest when you were a kid?" She replied, in her annoying little voice, "No, I was in sports." !!!!!! I was in sports when I was a kid, but I still loved coloring...ERRR! I just cannot stand her! I try so hard to, cuz I know it's wrong to feel this way, but ARGH! I was somewhat relieved to find that I am not the only one who feels this way...none of the tellers can stand her...not even Cyndy, the wonderful old lady who works with us...not even ANGIE, our supervisor...All I can say is, luckily she's only a SUMMER INTERN!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, she will be gone before you know it :) love you!

Anonymous said...

i think the stuffed animals is somethng you will have to help me with. there are 5000 of them. and i dont know which ones you want to keep.

Anonymous said...

hey had fun with you guys sunday! enjoyed your church and cake afterwards. :)