I love working with the kids at Awana. It brings back memories of when I was in Awana, way back when, and Amber was my teacher in Guards. There was this little girl last wednesday who was partially deaf. She was on my team (the "Green" team) for games, and I helped to kinda demonstrate and explain the game. She really opened up to me and was the most talkative little sweetie! Her friend had told me she was deaf, but I think she must be able to hear a little, because her speech was normal, and when I talked, even if she wasn't looking at me, she turned toward me.
One of my girls, the 5th and 6th graders, got a little mad at me though. Book time was over and it was time for games. She didn't quite have her verses memorized, and it was time to go. She was upset with me because I didn't let her stay back and say it to me (there was no way she could have gotten it in a short time) But when I talked to another leader about it later, she said that i was right, and that that particular girl knew the rules. So that made me feel a little better...in a way, except the fact that that girl tried to manipulate the new teacher...
All in all, though, I love my girls, even the little manipulator :), and I love meeting new kids every week...I am even getting to know some of the boys.
Friday, January 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just told dad you are teaching awana, he said thats great and he knows you'll be good at it. dad also said that it doesn't seem that long ago that YOU were in awana :) your very nice trophys are still displayed in your room :)which is also the guest room now i guess, keeeyyydddd
Post a Comment