Sunday, May 15, 2005

trying to keep my sanity

I have really been stressed these last couple months...first all the car stuff, which I think I already blogged about, and now a new load to add to the burden. My bridesmaid dresses came in, and they were all WAY to big for my bridesmaid's! (With the exception of Monica's, apparently it just needed a few minor adjustments) So I am really worried about how my guy's tuxes are going to come out since we don't get those until like the week of the wedding...AH. If I new what I know now, I would NEVER have gotten my dresses and tuxes from that bridal store! The lady who runs it is nice enough to me, but obviously knows nothing about dress shops, plus her snotty daughters who work there were rude to my bridesmaids. Anyways, so I had all this crapload of stuff on my mind when the car I've been driving decides to pull the same kind of stink that my car was! I was in Scottsbluff at the time, and when Denis checked the battery (after charging it and driiving to the gas station) and it was practically dead again! So today, I brought the car home to my parents, and Denis followed me in his car the whole way! I was sooooo upset, worried about the stupid dresses, the tuxes, my wedding, life in general and how I was going to get back to work. I started hyperventalating from the stress bearing down on me, my eyes got really teary and puffy and my face and neck extremely hot, and I couldn't run the AC cuz I was trying not to use any more of the battery than I had to. I tried to pray, but all I could do was cry...then all of the sudden the sun went behind a cloud and a refreshing cool breexe flowed through the windows. IT felt sooo good, and was enough to calm me down. It felt like God sent it just for me, and then I really got to thinking and talking and praising God for everything that was right and good in my world, instead of the bad things, and by the end of the trip, I'd come up with this analogy:

God sends us "cool breezes" just when we think that all is lost. This cool breeze can come from friends, a simple kind word, a comforting verse in His word, or an actual COOL BREEZE! We just have to be open enough to recognize it when it comes. And the fact that my father-in-law TO BE was willing (and insisted on following me over 75 miles just to make sure I made it home safe) overwhelms me! He loves me, and has already adopted me into his family, and I am not even OFFICIALLY part of it yet! Then I realized that God does the same for US! He loves us, whether we deserve it or not, and will be with us always to make sure WE make it safely on our great journey Home! He has adopted and accepted us as His children and loves us unconditionally! Praise God!!! By the end of the journey, I found myself crying again...only this time they were tears of joy!

2 comments:

janis said...

I have had some experiences too with God answering prayers and helping me when I am desperately sad. I really like yours and I am glad he helped you today. I know you really needed his help today. I have also had some stress lately and I am not even sure why, but I have had that dark cloud over my head all day today (you know the cloud featured over the rock in the commercials on tv and in magazines) it is so true though of how it feels, you really do feel like there is this cloud following you around but it always goes away, its just a matter of time. sometimes it sure takes longer that i would like though. I am glad you got to see cindys dress on her because it wasnt as bad as you thought. I am glad you are staying the night tonight! forgive me for my behavior but like I said I havent been able to shake that cloud yet!!

Cindy Loo said...

wanna know a secret? sometimes when i am really down on where i am going in life or what not i have a special place in wheatland and now in laramie, i go there n look at the stars for hours, i pray for a sign things will be ok, and everytime i have done this ive seen a shooting star.