Ok, so as many of you probaby already know (because I know SO many people read my blog) I have shingles. Grown-up chicken pocks is what the doctor called them, although unlike chicken pocks, which normally itch like crazy, shingles not only itches like crazy but HURTS! I asked the doctor how I got it, and he said that once you've had chicken pocks, the virus can hang out on that nerve in your body and show itself again later, although this really isn't that common. They don't know exactly WHY the virus decides to show it's nasty self again, but think it may be stress related, or something like that. Well, for whatever reason, I got it.
Last night I took an oatmeal bath...a totally new experience for me. It was very nice. I didn't know they had such thing...there's actually an oatmeal bath mix. It was nice also as I haven't had a nice luxurious bath in quite some time, although I did feel a little like someone's breakfast when it was all over.
I am sad that I won't be able to visit Amber next weekend, but in her state, I don't want to risk the shingles affecting either her or my little neice who seemingly wants to come out a little sooner than planned perhaps. Hopefully I will be better by the time Karen jr. is born so I can hold her!
Thanks to Zach, love of my life, for taking me to the doctor so we could figure out what the rash was! Only 68 days until we are MR and MRS Karen Yergler! ;)
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is a bummer about your shingles. Hopefully they are better by the time our daughter is born. Otherwise, you might have to wait to see her and that would suck. :-( I feel for you though - I still have PUPPP (hives during pregnancy) - even though they aren't all welty anymore, I still wake up every night itching like crazy!
That is a bummer about your shingles. Hopefully they are better by the time our daughter is born. Otherwise, you might have to wait to see her and that would suck. :-( I feel for you though - I still have PUPPP (hives during pregnancy) - even though they aren't all welty anymore, I still wake up every night itching like crazy!
puppp? i think we all "poop" amber. jk. anyway karen sorry you are a walking chickpox rash, i just hope i dont get it since i give away all my immunity twice a week. lol.
Love you!!! I was glad to hear it was getting a little bit better. love momma
umm mr. and mrs. who?? :)
umm hey i have noticed that you seem to be on the net more that usual as i see comments alot now (which of course i like) but since you dont have a computer hmmm i wonder how you are gettin on line. but i do have a theory. i thought maybe work?
umm hey i have noticed that you seem to be on the net more that usual as i see comments alot now (which of course i like) but since you dont have a computer hmmm i wonder how you are gettin on line. but i do have a theory. i thought maybe work?
Post a Comment