Saturday, February 05, 2005

Me? Bouncing off the walls? What?

Ok, so apparently I haven't updated in a looooooooooong time...but there is a very good explanation....and I could tell you this awesomely good explanation, but then I would have to kill you, and since I am too nice and angelic to do something so...mean...we'll just say that I am..."busy" (NOT LAZY!) hehehhehehehe.

So I've been having some medical issues...first I had a really bad cold and cough and fever and i was sick. So we went to the doctor in Wheatland (my first mistake because Dr Peasley wasn't available and he's the only doc in wheatland that is worth beans) and this new woman doctor I've never seen looked at me and started writing a prescription...when she gave it to me, I saw that it was amoxicillan (or however it is spelled) and momma and I told her that amoxicillan didn't really work anymore and asked if we could have something stronger. Then the quacky doctor started writing a prescription for some medicine that would dry me up...WHAT? She obviously didn't even ATTEMPT to read my file or she probably would have seen that I have a condition and am taking medicine that does the opposite...if I'd taken those pills, it would have realllllly messed me up! So we told her and she had to rip that one up too. If she had just prescribed the Z-Pac that mom and I had suggested at the very begining, she wouldn't have had to waste those prescription forms. Aye Abby! (Get it? Mom's dog, Abby, is a chihuahua, so what I really said is "AYE Chihuahua HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Ok, so one day Cindy and I were watching TV when all of the sudden my ear started ringing/buzzing. I was a little concerned, but even more so when it was still doing it the next day. We went to another Wheatland doctor (will we ever learn???) and she said I had fluid behing my eardrum and told me to take some decongestants...so I did. The buzzing/ringing still didn't go away. and about 2 weeks after it started, I went to the Ear Nose and Throat in Cheyenne to see what was really wrong. They tested my hearing in both ears, and I thought I had passed the test pretty well...until they came in to do additional testing (it lasted maybe 30 or 45 minutes!) Then they showed me the chart comparing my right ear (the bad one ) to my normal left ear. The lines on the graph were going opposite ways! Aye ABBY! So, Dr Silver (she is also the one who stitched up my face back in 1999!) said that the bones in my ear may have fused because of a calcium build up and that it might require surgery later on...Which brings me to my Title... she prescribed a six-day prednizone steriod to try and get rid of the ring/buzz in my ear, and then she is going to test that ear again. So mom thinks that the steriod is making me slightly energetic...but I don't see it...isn't it normal to jump up and down on the couch and run around chasing the dog?

3 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

no worries mom, if karen wasnt here jumping up and down on the couch chasing the dog, she would be jumping up and down on the couch in laramie chasing me.

Anonymous said...

didnt the doctor say you might have trouble sleeping on those pills? LOL the 2 nights you were here you slept like a baby! hehe miss you!

Anonymous said...

wow,
those pills must of made u intergetic to write a blogger. jk get better soon and hope your new job is goin well

iN Christ,
cory