Wednesday, December 29, 2004

KAREN: My Christmas

Well, Christmas has come and gone once more. I thought I would update everyone on this last-wednesday-of-2004. Pretty soon 2004 will be no more...

It's been a nice "holiday" as the media would say...ick, stupid liberals! I have had a wonderful CHRISTMAS so far...starting in Wheatland on the 23rd with momma, dad, Cindy, Brian and Ebony. We had a great time, I opened my presents from them and they opened just theirs from me. Ebony appeared to really like the Dora lego set I got her, what a change from last year :) I can see a difference in Ebony (good) this year compared to last year (those of you who were there last year know what I am talking about!). I think it would be so great to have Ebony as a flowergirl at my wedding...we'll see. I really liked the presents I recieved too.

I traveled to Gering Nebraska to be with my future extended family for Christmas Eve evening and Christmas day. I got wonderful gifts at this house too! All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas!

I am at Zach's house even now, as I still have half a week of "vacation" left! It is sooooo nice not working! I really needed a break! I am quitting Wal-mart as I got a full time job at American National Bank in Laramie. It'll be nice having my evenings and weekends free! I am also quitting school, at least for now. Going to school full time as well as working full time was just taking it's toll on me, plus I feel a little burnt out on school too. I have my Associates Degree and I am happy with that.

Zachary's other Grandpa, Grandpa Davis, passed away yesterday. I was here when both of his grandpa's passed away now...it's always sad to lose a loved one. It's really sad, because just a few months ago, I was having lunch with Zach and his Grandparents. Grandma seems to be doing ok though. I love this family that I am soon to be joining, and it has been great getting to meet some of his extended family that drove up from Indiana and other areas to be with Grandpa Davis...luckily they got here in time to see him before he passed away. Some of Glenda's family has been here as well, but they left this afternoon.

This has been a pretty fun week for me, aside from death in the family that I already feel to be a part of. I wish I never had to go back to Laramie and work!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"my cup runneth over" I am so happy when you are happy karen :)

janis said...

the previous comment i am sure you already know but was from me :) i forgot to sign in. i am so glad your christmas was happy. we had a good christmas too. I am sorry to hear about zach's grandpa though. love you

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,
Glad your Christmas went well, sorry to hear about your granpa zach. just postin a quick note, already sent you an e-mail. have a good one ttyl.

In Christ,
Cory Low

janis said...

crest has been shown to be an effective decay preventive dentifice that can be of significant value when used as directed in a consiously applied program of oral hygene and regular professional care.

Cindy Loo said...

glad u had a good cmas. and its nice knowing how good crest is from mama.

Amber said...

I prefer Colgate...