Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pop-a-holics anonymous

Last Thursday, I decided to go a week without drinking ANY pop. As I am addicted to pop (especially Dr Pepper!) this has been rough. Zach hasn't been helping too much either as he is still drinking pop...what a meanie! Anyways, I have done well and haven't cheated on this promise, and if I can get through today, that's a whole 7 days! I would like to try to go for two weeks. I have already lost weight, whether from the absence of pop or just the little bit more exercising I've been doing I don't know. I am just glad that I am finally losing weight (VERY slowly, but surely!!!) Just thought I would update. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear your trying to get off the pop and also losing weight. Even if its slow, its still weight loss. keep up the good work! :) It would be good if Zach didn't bring it into the house, too tempting! Just like when Ken would bring candy bars home, I could not resist them! I finally told him if he had to bring them home to hide them from me which he did and that helped a lot. If I don't see it, I don't think about it. Once Ebony was selling pies for school. I bought an apple one and ate the whole pie by myself! I gained 5 pounds from that pie! I recently lost 5 pounds from stress so I guess that was the pie pounds....

Cindy Loo said...

Yay Karen i am so proud of you! Keep it up, just replace pop with juice or something, thats what i have started. :) And yay for wii fit right? Keep it up, we are all cheering for each other.

ps. it is hard when significant others drink it..makes you want a sip. but say NO! :)

glendav said...

Karen, you tell that young man that he is to "stop sabotaging your diet and that it a well known fact that we all do better if we diet together and if he can't stop the pop, at least don't bring it in the house." and "your mom said so!"

glendav said...

Karen, you tell that young man that he is to "stop sabotaging your diet and that it a well known fact that we all do better if we diet together and if he can't stop the pop, at least don't bring it in the house." and "your mom said so!"

Karen and Zach said...

In Zach's defense, he only did it a couple times, and has now lately been drinking water with me. The time when he had that Henry Weinhertz root beer was very tempting though!

glendav said...

Glad to hear he's doing better! That's my boy!