In other news, for awhile now I had started to notice that I couldn't see as well as I thought I should...and I was also dizzy and having headaches fairly frequently. Well, as you may know, I went to the eye doc and the cure was easy enough...I need glasses. I have been fortunate to have lived for 26 1/2 years with perfect vision (especially after having a brain tumor that pushed right on my optic nerves and nearly blinded me for awhile). I knew this would happen sooner or later, but I would have preferred later. I hate being the first child in our family to need glasses! There are TWO siblings older than me that should have needed them first!!! Anyways, apparently I am farsighted but because both eyes have astigmatism (worse in the right eye) I am also nearsighted (figure that out hehe). As soon as I put the glasses on, I immediately noticed a difference, I could actually read small print more than a foot from my face away!
I don't know how long my eyesight has been deteriorating, but since it seemed to have come on suddenly, there was slight concern of another possible brain tumor, since my failing eyesight helped diagnose one once before. The optometrist said that from what she could see, everything looked fine, but I decided to do an MRI just in case. Plus, it's been over a year since my last one and I want to make sure that I am good with the seizure situation as well. We saw my neurologist today and he said everything looks great!
So now I just have to deal with the nauseating feeling of getting used to the glasses. I think that because I get motion sickness, it makes it worse for me...Zach thinks that maybe contacts would reduce this sickness, so I might consider them....well, at least I can read again!


4 comments:
Karen, your layout is beautiful. It is simply elegant. Perfect for a wedding page!
Cute glasses too, btw! :)
Elegant def. On another note, cute glasses!
Thanks gals!
Your glasses look really good on you. you made a good choice of frames. And I am not just saying this because I am your mother* :)
Post a Comment