Monday, October 08, 2007

Reunion

This weekend was really special for me as I got to see a lot of my old buddies, most of which I've known since grade school. The last of our little group, Josh, got married this weekend and we all came down to be here. Josh and Tabitha, who I also knew as she'd been my neighbor for a few years (I remember playing on the slip'n'slide at her house, as well as homeschool basketball with her) they are the cutest couple! It was a beautiful wedding, and the reception was great. I came up friday afternoon to attend a baby shower for Venessa, Aaron's wife, and Zach came up on Saturday to attend the wedding and reception with me. Even though he didn't know any of my childhood gang real well, he admitted later that he had had fun. After the reception, we all (excluding Josh of course) went over to Stevenson's house and stayed until about 12:30 just talking, catching up on each other's lives. It was lots of fun getting to know Vanessa (Aaron's wife), Stephanie (James's wife), and Kristen (Alex's wife), as well as seeing Jared again! I also got to see a lot of other Wheatland people I knew at the wedding and reception.

I have so many fun memories with Alecia, Aaron, Alex, James, Josh...and I admit I cried a little at the wedding, remembering all the fun we had as "kids." Of course, I cry at every wedding. Still, it was really nice seeing everyone again.

2 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

Yes Karen you do tear up at every wedding i have been to with you..hehe its ok:) i have one this weekend but i do not think ill be crying...

Anonymous said...

I had fun at the baby shower with you Karen!