Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I feel, I feel lucky...



Well, it's official. I am no longer a wheatlandight. Yesterday Zach went to the courthouse (cuz I had to work) and got my plates changed, as my registration ran out on the 31st. It is so weird not seeing the familiar "8" on my plate, 8 indicating Platte County, and seeing a "5" instead (Albany County). Even more weird is have LETTERS as part of my plate! There are now an "A" and a "B" on there...wierd.

I was talking with a coworker, and she asked me where I'd like to live someday...and I told her that I would like to live in a neighborhood like the one I grew up in. But then I realized how hard it would be to find one like that anymore. Us kids were so lucky to grow up where we did, in a neighborhood loaded with kids our ages, where everyone knew everyone else, and all of our dads got together and put in a swingset and a softball field for us. A neighborhood where our moms didn't have to worry about us walking down the street and we were pretty much allowed to romp free, as long as we came home, like doggys, when dad whistled. I am so thankful for the childhood that I was blessed with! Once again I want to say THANK you mommy and daddy for giving me such wonderful memories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you membered your plates. yeah, I am so thankful too about the neighborhood you kids' got to grow up in. it was unique. I have good memories also. it was a sweet time when my kids were lill-o :) but its still wonderful cause now I have wonderful adult kids to hang out with! :) and dont forget when zach is done with school, dad will be retiring around that time, and we are all gonna live on the same block together! just dont know what block in what city yet, but yeah.