Ok, so I was leaving Wal-mart with a cart full of groceries. I was going to use the side door, which is not an automatic door, since it would put me closer to where I'd parked. Well, there was this teenage guy behind me. I had to go through the door backwords so as to pull the cart through, and accidently let go of the door a little too soon...as the door crashed into my cart, knocking over some of my groceries, the teenager was ever-so- kind to shove his way past me, rather than grabbing the door to help out. What is wrong with people nowadays?
I remember one time when I was in high school and I held the door for the people who were right behind me...Coach Scutt later came to me and said that it was refreshing to see such a polite girl, as she had been watching everyone come through the doors and i was the only one who showed any courtesy toward those around me. Pretty sad when a little thing like holding the door so it doesn't slam on the next person is so extraordinary!
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I found that teenager and I went and beat him up for you. that'll teach him to be rude to my daughter!
i always make sure to hold the door whenever anybody is behind me, and i definetly make the point of saying THANKYOU everytime the door is held for me. Good Kharma you know.
Post a Comment