Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Once a part of "The Little Girls," always a part...

Today, as I got out of my car at ANB after lunch break, there was this woman pushing a safeway cart nearby. In the cart was a luggage set. Anyways, I was turning toward the bank's door when the wierd woman called out to me, "you aren't going to be very long, are you?" I told her I was, as I was returning to work. Then she asked me if there was someone else in the bank who might be able to give her a ride (I wouldn't have stayed this long talking to her if Angie [my boss] hadn't been sitting in her car watching) I answered that I didn't think so. She said something about having walked from safeway, trying to get to the bus station. For those of you who don't know laramie, Safeway is on 3rd street...the bus station is like....50 blocks away, past wal-mart on the complete other side of town. I told the guys here about the lady, and they decided they'd rather not give her a ride either. I have a few questions though...one, if she knew she had to walk all the way to the bus station, why didn't she leave earlier? And how did she come to start allll the way across town in the first place? And is stealing a shopping cart from safeway a crime? And just what did she have in her luggage bag, a body? And what did she plan to do with the cart if someone DID give her a ride, leave it at the bank? We may never know... Anyways, it made for an interesting afternoon.

On a sad note, our cousin Laura died this week. I didn't know her all that well, since there has always been several hundred miles between us, I do have memories of her, the most recent being at my Grandpa Yergler's funeral. It is really sad, she was only in her mid 20's! I just keep thinking about the time she and her sister Sarah were doing cartwheels at Grandma's house, about 10 or more years ago...back when Amber wouldn't let me hang out with her and them, because I was one of the "little girls."

That's all for now.

1 comment:

janis said...

I love my "little girls" :) actually you are one of the big girls now at the bank i hear! :)