Saturday, June 21, 2008

Relay for Life

This year I headed up the Bank's team as Captain. This year the theme was "There's no Place like Hope" going off the Wizard of Oz. I worked really hard to make this a good year, and I think that my work paid off. I was happy that Zach, Cindy, Kendall and the twins got to come walk with me in the survivor walk this year, as they have never been able to in the previous years...I felt loved as I was surrounded by my family! I was sad that my parents couldn't come, but they have been there for me the last two years, and it is not their fault they couldn't come. Cindy took some great pictures and shared them with me...I might have more pictures when I download the pics from the bank camera.


Setting up our site: We had started out using a canopy that my coworker let us borrow. It didn't work as it was too flimsy and the poles were too thin (the wind bent one of the poles, and if someone hadn't intervened, it would have blown the canopy and Zach to OZ!) We spent an hour trying to get it up, and then knew it wasn't going to work so we went to wal-mart and bought this one (took about 10 minutes to set up/tear down and worked perfectly!)

Here we are waiting for the rain to stop so we can do the "Survivor's walk." The rain was a gift from God as it was pretty hot before this and it cooled everything down.


Survivor lap!

Here is Zach, apparently in munchkin land! hehe


I am so glad Cindy got these close-up pictures of my Luminaria bags as I didn't get there in time this morning to make sure they didn't get thrown away. I hadn't been too worried, cuz the ladies in charge said they would make sure it got saved, but apparently they didn't tell the kids throwing the bags away this fact, and well...you can guess what happened :( I guess I would have just scrapbooked them anyway, and now I can scrapbook the pictures :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job Karen! I am so glad you have such nice pictures to remember it with:) I wish we could have been there, we will be there again next year for sure! Its great you had Zach Cindy Kendall Layla and Aidan to celebrate with you:) I can't wait to get my bear:)

Cindy Loo said...

i am glad it all went good for you!! :) Cool pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for my t-shirts and thank you to Cindy for my bear:)