Monday, May 21, 2007

Eight Random Things

Ok, I guess I will be the first of the "Yergler" girls to answer Amber's Eight Random Things About Me...like Amber, I will try to find things you might not know...hmmmm...

1. I worked on both my high school and college student newspapers, actually I was the Editor of my college newspaper for over 2 years. I majored in and have an AA degree in Journalism.

2. I turned 25 this year and that makes me feel really old

3. I've met some famous people such as Ken Davis (Christian Comedian), Tom Osbourne (once coach of the Corn Huskers and a Senator), Christy Carlson Romano (Even Stevens and voice of Kim possible...also in other Disney movies; we saw her in the broadway musical of Beauty and the Beast), Christian bands such as Five Iron Frenzy, The W's (a Christian Swing band) Colby Shaub (christian singer), Shepherd Hall, Reliant K and a few other Christian singers and bands.

4. I've been to New York City and got to sing with my college Choir at Carnegie Hall. It was an amazing experience and I would love to go back (only with Zach though, I would be lost forever by myself...if it weren't for him, I would probably be wandering the subways today!

5. I've led an interesting life so far...I've had Cancer (twice), 4 surgerys--including brain surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiation, lost my hair twice, I've had staples, stitches, screws, plates, a 5 gallon glass jar shattered by my face, braces on my teeth, a nail and large splinter through my foot, a broken wrist, a broken collar bone, two seizures, gall stones, countless blood transfusions, and more needles than I can count! Let me know if I've left anything out! With all of this, I praise God that I am still alive and well today, there are still many people less fortunate and worse off than me! He's been with me through all of it (as has my family!)

6. I have a sewing machine and really really want to learn to sew, mostly so I can learn to quilt. I just need to find someone to teach me. I am planning on taking classes...I think the community college might offer some.

7. I am a semi-gamer I s'pose...I like playing an online MMORPG (Mass Multi-player Online Role Playing Game) type game called "Runescape." I feel like a nerd sometimes staying up as late as 3 am at times (bad karen!) doing a "Quest" or "farming", or working on "slayer" (where you work on slaying special monsters). There are many more "activities" and things to do...it can really take up your time!

8. In college, a couple of guys from choir that I barely knew were talking about hot tubbing and how they just needed to find some girls to go with, and I jumped in without thinking and said "I'll go!" and they were a little surprised, but said ok. So I basically acted out a mother's worst nightmare...I was at a stranger's house, with no chaperone, alone in a hot tub with two guys I barely knew...and that's how I met my husband...


4 comments:

janis said...

For famous people, you also met Joe Garardi and the Princess of Romania. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janis said...

I had tears in my eyes as I read all the bad things that you had to go through. But am so proud of you for all the great things you have accomplished in your life, and for the wonderful, sweet, beautiful woman you are.

Cindy Loo said...

man, ive gone through one small bad surgery and you have gone through a book! I was thinking, you should write a book about your struggles and how you made it through! :) love you! now we need mom to do her 8 things. oooh and you forgot a scar on your face when you get flushed from some naughty girl who through a iceball...SORRY!

Anonymous said...

Wow, so now we know how to get Karen to update her blog; we just need to tag her. hehe.