I have such wonderful memories of visiting Grandma and Grandpa at the farm. I remember playing in the trees with Cindy, pretending we were some kind of animal or another. I remember exploring the shed and the old barn and marveling at what it must've been like for my Daddy to grow up there, with cows in the stalls, hay in the loft and chickens in the chicken house. I also remember going to the sandhill, sometimes in the old truck that was recently still in the old shed, sometimes on foot, and once I remember Brian pulling Cindy and me in a trailer behind that old red tractor...and how it broke down halfway there and we had to walk back! Some of my fondest memories, however, were around the dinner table when we would eat Grandma's delicious cooking and talk. The whole atmosphere of that house was just...wonderful.

Grandma and Grandpa Yergler's house became the hub of family get togethers for so many years.
Although her passing was definetly heartbreaking, most all of the family was able to come out for the funeral, creating sort of a family reunion that I haven't been able to be a part of since Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary. My sisters and I were able to fly out and had some fun with our "sister time." In doing so. I got to get re-aquainted with all of my cousins, some I couldn't remember ever meeting because I was so young the last time I'd seen them, and also with my little 1st cousins children, many older ones who I remember seeing in diapers not to long ago it seems! They are growing up so fast! Someday (when Zach is done with college) we will add to the mob of children that was running around the bunkhouse. :)

We also had a great time eating the delicious food over at the Hunt Club
3 comments:
I liked reading about your happy memories at the farm. nice pictures and post. we will all miss grandma very much.
it was a nice feeling getting the whole family together, i am sure Grandma is smiling down, as she is reunited with Grandpa and her siblings!
I love karen auree.
Post a Comment